Veterinary/Nursing Appointment Policy:
For the safety of our staff and clientele, we here at Ruckersville Animal Hospital will be continuing curbside care indefinitely. While this is not an ideal situation for any of us, we are doing our best to continue to provide the upmost care for all of our patients during these trying times. All of our hospital staff wear facial masks while on hospital property, as well as when we come out to greet you and your pet(s).
Please note the following changes to our appointment routine:
- Upon your arrival, please call our hospital at 434-985-7924. Our Client Services Representative will ask for your name, cell number, as well as the parking space number your vehicle is in. This will ensure that our staff can be as efficient during the appointment as possible.
- Once you are checked in, one of our nurses will contact you via your cell number to get a medical history about your pet(s) and confirm the reason for your visit as well as review any applicable vaccines/testing which is due for your pet(s). Once we have obtained the appropriate information, we will ask that you bring your leashed dog/kenneled cat to the front porch area so that we can bring them inside for their veterinary visit. We will also ask for any previous medical information should this be your pet's first visit with us, as well as a filled out "Welcome Form" which can be found here.
- While your pet is within our facility, we kindly ask that you not leave the premises without notifying our hospital staff first. While it may be inconvenient to sit in your vehicle, this is the best way to ensure that there are no delays with your pet's treatment.
- Once the doctor/nurse has completed your pet's exam/services and administered any applicable vaccines, they will call you to discuss their examination findings as well as treatment options, medication recommendations, etc.
- When your pet's invoice is complete, one of our Client Services Representatives will call you to collect payment over the phone. We ask that all invoices be paid via credit card or care credit, but we are still accepting checks and cash if necessary.
- After your pet's invoice is completely paid, your pet's nurse will bring them back out to you along with your receipt and any medications. During this time they will discuss the medications which need to be administered and any necessary at-home or follow up care which is needed.
Surgery/Dental/Hospitalization Appointment Policy:
Here at Ruckersville Animal Hospital, we offer an array of surgical options as well as dental care and preventative diagnostic medicine. Should your pet have a scheduled appointment to be admitted to our hospital, we ask that you follow the following protocol:
- Admit times for all of our procedures are between 7:00 - 7:30 am, Monday-Friday. We do not offer surgical/dental procedures on Saturdays.
- Unless otherwise advised, please do not give your pet any food/treats after 8:00 pm the evening prior to their procedure and nothing the morning of. They are allowed access to water until the time they are admitted to Ruckersville Animal Hospital.
- We also ask that any routine medications be administered as prescribed unless otherwise directed by your pet's veterinarian.
- Upon your arrival, we ask that you call our hospital at 434-985-7924 and relay your name, cell number, and parking space number to one of our Client Services Representatives.
- Once you are checked in, one of our surgical nurses will contact you to verify what procedure your pet is having, review the treatment plan estimate, hospital/surgical release form and verify any applicable medications have been administered. We will then ask you that you bring your leashed dog/kenneled cat to our front porch area to be admitted to our hospital.