Recommended Preventative Vaccines For Your Cat or Dog
DHLPP Vaccine (prevents Distemper, Canine Hepatitis/Adenovirus Types 1 + 2, Canine Parainfluenza, Leptospirosis, Canine Parvovirus
|FVRCP Vaccine (Prevents Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Chlamydia Psittaci)|
|Lyme Vaccine||Feline Leukemia Vaccine|
|Rabies Vaccine||Rabies Vaccine|
Bordetella (Kennel Cough) Vaccine
We recommend an annual physical examination for your pet. The information we gather at each exam becomes part of your pet's medical history and can be critical if an emergency or sudden illness arises.
As part of an annual physical exam, we:
- Check for significant weight loss, which can be an early warning sign of disease. Obesity is a common problem for older pets. We will assess your pet's diet and nutritional needs.
- Perform a rectal exam (if applicable) to check for abnormalities and analyze a stool sample.
- Assess the condition of legs, hips, joints and spine.
- Assess the hair and coat. It should appear healthy and well groomed. Dull, dry, brittle hair or hair loss may indicate an underlying illness. We will also check your pet's skin for infection or signs of fleas, ticks or mites.
- Palpate the abdomen for abnormal masses or pain.
- Listen to the chest for heart murmurs, irregular heartbeat and abnormal lung sounds.
- Examine eyes for cataracts, glaucoma or inflammation.
- Examine ears for ear mites, infection or inflammation.
- Evaluate nose and nasal passages for signs of upper respiratory disease.
- Check for periodontal disease. As many as 95% of all pets two years and older have periodontal disease. We evaluate your pet's teeth and check the color and condition of the gums.
- Palpate lymph nodes to check for inflammation or tumors.
- Check for heartworm infection and other parasites.
The Next Level of Preventative Care; The Pet Wellness Report!
Click the logo below to learn more about this exciting new program!