According to a survey from the Association for Pet Obesity Awareness (APOP):
- 54% of our dogs and cats (that makes 88.4 million!) are overweight!
- 53% of adult dogs are overweight
- 55% of adult cats are overweigh
- Percentages are SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER than last year’s survey results
- 2011-->24.9 % of adult cats and 21.4% of adult dogs were overweight
What this survey tells us:
- More owners are unaware!
- 22% of dog owners and 15% of cat owners considered their pets to be ‘normal’, when they were in fact overweight
- “We’ve made fat pets the new normal”!